President and CEO: Ed Bruff
Location: 1447 N. Harrison-Cooper Campus, Saginaw, Michigan 48602
Facility Description: 623 Inpatient Acute Care Beds; Over 20 inpatient and outpatient facilities in Saginaw, Bay City and Frankenmuth, and a trauma/emergency department that cares for more than 85,000 patients annually.
Type: Acute Care
Community Impact: Covenant is one of the largest employers in Saginaw County with 4,500 employees and 600 medical staff. More than 700 volunteers provide about 97,000 hours each year.
Sketch: One of the largest, most comprehensive healthcare providers north of metro Detroit, Covenant HealthCare is a nonprofit health system that offers a broad spectrum of programs and services throughout east central Michigan. Services range from high risk obstetrics, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, to acute care including a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics, robotic surgery, bariatric services, and more using leading edge medicine. All programs and services exemplify the Covenant commitment to providing extraordinary care for every generation.
Telephone Number: (989) 583-0000
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association recently announced that Covenant HealthCare has been included in the annual U.S. News & World Report congratulatory ad. The recognition comes as a result of participation in the “Get With the Guidelines” quality improvement program and commitment to achieving “award-level adherence to up-to-date research-based treatment guidelines for heart failure and stroke patients.” This is the second time that Covenant has earned a “Gold Plus” status in the ranking, which is the highest achievement ranking.
- Covenant Healthcare was recently listed among the Becker’s Hospital Review 2014 edition of “100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs.” The hospitals featured on the list have all received recognition from several reputable ranking agencies, including U.S. News & World Report, Truven Health Analytics, the National Cancer Institute, and the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, CareChex and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
- Covenant HealthCare President and CEO Spencer Maidlow was honored last year with the Michigan Health & Hospital Association’s Healthcare Leadership Award. He was one of three healthcare executives in the state to receive the honor.
- In 2014, Covenant HealthCare opened the Covenant Center for Autism in Bay City to better serve the community and address the needs of local children with autism spectrum disorders.
- The Covenant HealthCare Diabetes Self-Management Program has recently renewed its status as an accredited diabetes education program through the American Association of Diabetes Educators. This allows residents in and surrounding the Great Lakes Bay Region increased access to critical diabetes education services.