Hills & Dales General Hospital
President and CEO:
HCECM Board: Trustee
Location: 4675 Hill Street, Cass City, Michigan 48726
Facility Description: 25 Inpatient Acute Care Beds, 10 Swing Beds
Type: Critical Access Hospital
Community Impact: Employs 258. Served 63,925 patients during the fiscal year ending Sept. 20, 2013.
Sketch: Due to numerous upgrades and expansions over the years, Hills & Dales General Hospital is a modern, well-equipped community facility that provides a wide range of services for residents of Tuscola, Huron and Sanilac Counties. Its medical staff provides care in the areas of family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, general surgery, orthopedics, ophthalmology and ENT. Consultant physicians are also on staff to provide input in various specialties. The hospital features a state-of-the-art 64-slice CT scanner, the only one in the Thumb area, and a Bone Densitometry machine, among other advanced diagnostic instruments. Joint ventures with other area hospitals have allowed it to expand its services, as well. Hills & Dales General Hospital opened its doors in 1960 after several years of community fundraising and construction that began in the late 1950s.
Telephone Number: (989) 872-2121
- Hills & Dales General Hospital was recently named as one of the Top 100 Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
- In July, Hills & Dales General Hospital received the Michigan Peer Review Organization’s 2014 Governor’s Award of Excellence for outstanding outpatient clinical achievement in the critical access hospital setting. To receive this honor, Hills & Dales excelled in quality care for patients in the following areas: transfer to another facility for acute coronary intervention, aspirin at arrival, median time to electrocardiogram, timing of antibiotic prophylaxis and prophylactic antibiotic selection for surgical patients. In addition, critical access hospitals were required to meet additional overall criteria including the submission of a process improvement plan.
- The National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) and iVantage Health Analytics recently honored Hills & Dales for “Excellence in Efficiency.”
- Hills & Dales General Hospital has received an Excellence in Patient Care award given by outcomes firm Studer Group for the second year in a row. They received the award at Studer Group's 12th annual What's Right in Health Care conference for their exemplary "Responsiveness of Hospital Staff" results on the HCAHPS patient survey.
- Hills & Dales clinic Cass City Primary Care was recently named a Patient Centered Medical Home Clinic and Cass City Family Practice, Family Healthcare of Cass City and Kingston Family Practice were all named Rural Health Clinics.
- Recently, Hills & Dales General Hospital’s radiology department receive its ACR accreditation and its lab received CAP accreditation.