Ascension St. Joseph Lighthouse Award Honors Associate
TAWAS CITY, MI – Ascension St. Joseph Hospital recently shined a light on an associate to recognize her outstanding commitment to the hospital's mission. Shelley Wnuk, who works in the hospital’s rehabilitation services department as an occupational therapist, received the Lighthouse Award which is presented quarterly to an associate who demonstrates the values of Ascension St. Joseph.
Wnuk was nominated by Feli Shuart, PT, Rehabilitation Services Manager, for her compassion and selflessness. Wnuk had been seeing patients on the medical floor when she recognized the demands being placed on the nursing staff during the height of the second wave of COVID-19 hospitalizations. She noticed a patient who needed help with their meal so she spent her lunch break assisting the individual and lending a hand to her colleagues. Wnuk’s selfless act demonstrates the hospital’s core values in action and highlights the true meaning of compassion towards others, including patients and coworkers.
Other Ascension St. Joseph associates nominated for the 4th quarter include:
- Shannon Michaud, PA, Ascension St. Joseph Hale Medical Clinic
- Kathy Marshall, Oscoda Health Park Registration
- Shane Hunt, Administrator
- Sheila McLavy, Lakeshore Surgical Clinic
- Tiffany Beran, Specialty Clinic
- Lauren Fairbanks, Lakeshore Surgical
- Kelly O’Farrell, Lakeshore Surgical
- Lisa Stephenson, Oscoda Health Park
- Karl Jacob, Emergency Department
- Heide Alex, Registration
- Michelle Blust, Surgery