Covenant HealthCare Updated Visitor Restrictions
Effective: January 20, 2021
To protect our patients, staff, visitors and the community, Covenant HealthCare has the following visitor guidelines in place. Our patient care philosophy depends greatly on engaging families to be part of the healing process. We ask that you visit using guidelines from our infection control teams and national health experts.
- We welcome one healthy visitor per adult patient at a time as space allows. For pediatric patients, two healthy parents or guardians at a time as space allows. See details below.
- Visitors under the age of 16 are only allowed under extraordinary circumstances.
- Masks/face coverings are required in all Covenant locations for the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the facility and frequently throughout your visit.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face.
- Please do your best to keep a 6-foot distance between you and others when possible. To support social distancing, visitors accompanying adult patients may be asked to wait in an alternate area during appointments or procedures.
- For those entering the hospital campus, please be aware a health screening will take place at the door. We do not allow visitors who have symptoms of illness to enter. Any visitor who has symptoms should save their visit for another time.
- Visiting hours within the hospital are 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- The pediatric surgical recovery area will be limited to one parent/guardian due to space restrictions.
- Two healthy parents or guardians may visit the Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (RNICU) one at a time to safely maintain social distance guidelines.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedure may have one visitor. To support social distancing, once the procedure/surgery begins we ask that visitors accompanying adult patients wait in the common areas, outdoors, or offsite during the procedure. Contact information will be obtained from the support person and that person will be contacted to return to their loved one as recovery begins.
- Additionally, to promote social distancing in our outpatient waiting rooms such as laboratory, radiology and cardiology, we ask that visitors accompanying adult patients wait in common areas as space allows or their vehicles during the appointment or visit.
- Due to current State requirements, no visitors are allowed in the Transitional Care Unit (TCU).
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Clergy are welcomed for all non-COVID-19 patients and under extenuating circumstances COVID-19 patients (with appropriate hospital-issued personal protective equipment).
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have very limited number of visitors who must remain in the room during the visit.
For more information by area, please visit www.covenanthealthcare.com/safecare.
We appreciate your understanding during these changing times. Our goal is to protect you, your loved ones and our staff. If you have any questions, please contact our patient advocate at (989) 583.4317.