Join the Covenant HealthCare Patient & Family Advisory Council, Applications Due April 15
We extend an invitation to our former patients and their family members/caregivers to join the Covenant HealthCare Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC). The focus is to enhance the patient experience through the eyes of those who have been a patient or are a loved one of a patient.
Christin Tenbusch, Patient Experience Administrator, says “We launched our first Council in 2016 and it’s enhanced the way we think about providing extraordinary care. It is important that we obtain feedback from our patients on anything that will impact their experiences. Patient collaboration allows us to ensure we’re focused on and doing the right things.”
Our vision for the PFAC is that the voice of the patient and family shall be heard across the continuum in all decisions made about patient care. To support our mission of Extraordinary Care for Every Generation, we commit to partnering with our patients and families by empowering those we serve to:
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Enhance patient and family centered care
- Help us pursue clinical excellence and value of care
- Help us see all patients as people
We urge those who are interested to consider this opportunity to make a difference by offering your insights. We encourage a diverse group of people in all areas- health status, age, race, and gender- to apply. The rewards of participating are many – from developing new friendships to making an impact on Covenant patient care.
If you or someone you know is interested, applications are available online at: www.covenanthealthcare.com/pfac. Application deadline is April 15.
General overview of Advisory Councils at Covenant:
- Two-hour, monthly (frequencies vary) meetings
- Provide feedback on Covenant projects and processes
- Work on program development and implementation
- Share experiences and offer guidance and suggestions for improvement
- Gain knowledge and understanding of hospital/department operations
Opportunities and number of advisors needed include:
- Executive PFAC: 2 advisors
- Orthopedics PFAC: 2 advisors
- Emergency Care/Trauma PFAC: 3 advisors
- Oncology PFAC: 5 advisors
- Women’s and Children’s PFAC: 4 advisors
- Physician Office PFACs: opportunities available for all offices
- *NEW* Cardiology PFAC: 7 advisors