VA Telehealth Services – Veterans Get Access to Care Where and When They Need It
Telehealth Services are health-related services which allow long-distance patient and clinician contact, provide medical advice, reminders and interventions, patient education, monitoring, and remote enrollments for telehealth disease management programs. These services provide Veterans easier access to care when and where they need it.
Our in-home, mobile monitoring and video technologies are improving the way we provide patient centered care to our Veterans.
- Home Telehealth – Free, non-emergent, goal oriented, short-term program to help Veterans achieve better self-management of chronic health conditions from the comfort of their home. A Registered Nurse works with the Veteran and their provider to assist in meeting their goals and improving health.
- VA Video Connect (VVC) – Veterans can meet with their provider from the comfort of their home for a video visit. A VVC appointment can be done from a cell phone, computer or tablet if they have cellular service or access to Wi-Fi. Staff are able to assist with setting up this service.
- Store and Forward – Our Tele-Eye and Tele-Dermatology Screening Service eliminates appointment wait times and travel. Images are captured and sent to an expert dermatologist who determines treatment recommendations or requests a face-to-face appointment if further evaluation is needed.
- Clinical Video Telehealth – VA uses conferencing technology to conveniently, securely and quickly provide Veterans with access to health care services from remote facilities.
Benefits of Telehealth Virtual care:
- Cost Savings
- Connection with specialist at distant locations
- Reduced wait times
- Anywhere to Anywhere care
Please call 989-497-2500 Extension 11132 or Extension 15338 to learn more about telehealth services.