WIOG Hosts 2nd Annual Covenant Kids Radiothon February 13th and 14th
102.5 WIOG has stepped up to host the second annual Covenant Kids Radiothon to raise funds in support of local pediatric patients at Covenant HealthCare. The Radiothon will air live on 102.5 WIOG from 6:00am until 6:00pm Thursday, February 13th and Friday, February 14th. Hear life-changing stories from Covenant Kids and their families as WIOG raises awareness and funds during this special two-day event. The Covenant Kids Radiothon is presented by Jolt Credit Union and Mike Young GMC of Frankenmuth.
Why Covenant Kids? Covenant is the region’s Children’s Hospital, in providing health care to children through the following services and more:
- Level III Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (RNICU) offering the highest level of critical care for neonatal infants.
- The only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) serving mid-Michigan and the northern lower Michigan region designed to care for critically ill infants and children through the age of 17.
- ACS-Verified Pediatric Trauma Center — one of only seven in Michigan verified to care for the whole family in an emergency.
- Region’s only Child Life program.
- Community-based urgent care through MedExpress.
- Extensive clinical programs for children (autism, diabetes, rehabilitation, cardiology, and more).
Want to participate? Here’s how.
- Listen. Listen in and encourage co-workers to listen to 102.5 FM February 13th and 14th.
- Call. Dial 1.855.475.KIDS (1.855.475.5437) during the Radiothon to donate and keep the phone bank volunteers busy!
- Online. Go to WIOG.com to find out how you can help.
- Share. Mark yourself as going to the event or share with friends to spread the word.
Diagnosing sight issues early in premature infants. Easing the anxiety of a child during an MRI. Educating a preteen and her family about how to deal with diabetes. Giving a voice to adolescents with speech limitations. These moments are happening to kids across the region because of Covenant Kids and the businesses, organizations and individuals who support it. Every penny of every gift donated to the Covenant Kids Fund with the Covenant HealthCare Foundation goes directly to support medical programs and equipment for our region’s tiniest patients.
More at www.CovenantKidsMI.com or www.WIOG.com. To get involved with Covenant Kids, contact Karen Luplow at 989-583-4166.